Let's skip the history lesson about html code and how things use to be and cut to the chase: The best do it yourself website builder out there in my opinion is Weebly. No, this isn't Weebles the a kids toy that wobbles but doesn't fall down or something from Fisher Price. Weebly is an online website builder that offers drag-and-drop simplicity along with numerous features and themes to make your DIY site stand out from the others. You're truly limited only by your imagination. Watch a short video tutorial on the Home Page.
Weebly can be just your website designer or it can be an all-in-one package. You can design your site, register your domain and get free and fast cloud based hosting all through Weebly. The convenience of this all-in-one package might be a bit more expensive than hosting through other places such as BlueHost, GoDaddy or HostGator, but could be worth it if you're just going to have one website.
Here's why I think Weebly is the best do it yourself website builder.
- Weebly is simple to use – no steep learning curve.
- Tutorials to walk you through every step
- Build a basic website literally in minutes
- Add a blog with just a few clicks
- Online program means you can create, and maintain your site from anywhere. You won't be chained to one computer.
- Completely Free website option is available
By getting Weebly's Pro Service you get all the features of a free account plus wildly useful things like:
I've built or manage about 20 websites. I access them from one dashboard with ease. For me, Weebly is the best do it yourself website builder!